We can provide a specialist from our historical museum to visit your location and give a lecture. The main targets for this lecture would be those who are just beginning to learn about the problems of Hansen's disease. There is no charge for the lecture but we do request that you pay the transportation costs. We also may not be able to fit your schedule due to tours and duties at Nagashima Aisei-en itself.
Panel and DVD rental
Nagashima Aiseien history museum offers panels exhibitions and DVD rental for Hansen's disease education.
The available exhibits are listed below.
- Panel exhibit produced by the Okayama Prefecture Health Policy Department production panel
- Number of panel: 8
- Size: 108 cm * 78 cm
- Content: Hansen's disease and its history. An introduction of Nagashima Aisei-en
- *This exhibit is the main prop for our lecture
- Panel exhibition produced by the Nagashima Aisei-en Reidents Association
- Number of panels: 45
- Size: 51 cm * 36 cm (B3)
- Content: Hansen's disease and its history. An introduction to Nagashima Aisei-en
- *This is a supplemental exhibit for the panel exhibit listed above
- DVD 「Understanding Hansen's Disease Correctly」
- Produced by: The Committee to Promote a Proper Understanding of Hansen's Disease Problems
- Number of DVDs： 8
- Content: Committee to Promote a Proper Understanding of Hansen's Disease Problem (29 min), Collections of survivors' testimony (157 min)
- *This DVD is also for sale for 3000 yen in the Residents' Association building
There is no charge for rental, but we do ask that you pay postage for the DVD. Rental is provided on a first-come-first-served basis.